The Construction Committee at EPIC comprises of dedicated brothers and sisters with background and expertise in Construction to oversee the new Masjid Construction process.
The Masjid construction has been divided into the following phases:
- Phase 1A – Gravel Parking Lot extension & Building Cul-De-Sac – Complete
- Phase 1B – Site Development Work & Permanent Parking Lot – Complete
- Phase 1C – Laying the Foundation and Raising the Walls – Complete
- Phase 1D – Dark and Dry Finish (Roof + Doors + Windows + Protective Paint) – In Progress
- Phase 1E – Interior Finish and Occupancy permit from the City – Contract Signed
- Scope: Gravel Parking Lot extension & building Cul-De-Sac (along with the utility work in the proposed area)
- Status: Completed
- Contractor: MJR Engineering Inc
- Budget: $65,000
- Start Date: 06/01/2013
- Completion Date: 07/01/2013
Note: New Cul-De-Sac was built to meet City’s requirement, existing cul-de-sac was demolished as that is part of the proposed area for the masjid as per the design.
- Scope: Site Development Work + Permanent Parking Lot
- Status: Complete
- Contractor: NASH
- Budget: $450,000
- Start Date: 07/20/2013
- Completion Date: 02/01/2014
Note: This Phase was mainly related to Site Development Work that includes the underground utility work, grading, building new concrete parking lots, side walks, etc.
- Scope: Earthwork, Foundation, Tilt Walls, Structure Steel, Steel and Concrete for 2nd Floor (Committed)
- Construction Areas: Prayer Areas (Incomplete) – 32,000 Sq. Feet with 3200 Prayer Spaces for both Men and Women at full capacity, Offices, Break Rooms, Wudu Areas, Restrooms, Second Floor (Incomplete)
- Budget: $1.85 Million
- Status: Building Plan approved by City. Contract signed with Turner. Completed the Foundation and Raising of the Walls.
- Start Date: April 2014
- Completion Date: In’sha’Allah November 2014
- Scope: Roof, Doors, Windows and Protective Paint (outside walls) to protect our investment
- Budget: $1.2 Million
- Status: Signed contract with Turner to complete this phase. Pledge Collection in Progress (short of $200K in pledges for this phase)
- Start Date: November 2014
- Completion Date: Feb 2014
- Scope: Interior Finish including HVAC, electrical, paint, carpet etc. and City occupancy permit
- Budget: $3.0 Million
- Status:The GMP from the builder for this scope was approximately $3 Million. EPIC was able to reduce the GMP by working with a consultant (estimator), the architect, and the CM to bring down the GMP by doing value engineering and other estimation tasks.
Note: Please note that EPIC currently does not have the funds to complete Phase 1E.
The EPIC BoD is committed to bringing this project to completion on time, within budget and with due diligence In’sha’Allah. We are also grateful to our community who rallied behind us and pledged their support for the new Masjid. However, we are still short of approx. $1.5 Million to complete the entire project. We request you to continue to pray to Allah (SWT) for His mercy and blessings on this project and we urge you to fulfill your pledges as soon as possible so that we can continue to work on this project and deliver this Amanah (trust) as we have promised – before next Ramadan In’sha’Allah.
Please support the new Masjid by donating whatever you can on our website:
“Whoever builds a Masjid, seeking the pleasure of Allah, Allah shall build a house for him in Paradise.” [Bukhari & Muslim]
“Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan? For (Allah) will increase it manifold to his credit, and he will have a liberal reward” [Qur’an 57:11]